07 October 2009

Review: Perfect Chemistry By: Simone Elkeles


Title: Perfect Chemistry
Author: Simone Elkeles
Publisher: Walker Books for Young Readers, 368 Pages (December 23, 2008)
From: Purchased from Overstock.com

Synopsis: A fresh, urban twist on the classic tale of star-crossed lovers.


When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more. In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.

Review: 5 Stars - I don't know even where to start with this review. I've wanted to read this book for awhile and finally ordered it and read it almost the second it hit my hands. What more can I say but it was amazing. The characters were alive within the pages of this book. They were real in the sense that I think everyone could relate to both Brittany and Alex.

You wouldn't think that a gang member would be anything like the rich girl from the other side of town, but you'd be amazed at just how it all... clicks.

From the first page to the last I wanted nothing but more of this story. I wanted to know what would happen next, but at the same time I didn't want the story to end. If you’re thinking of reading this book and believe that it's only about two star-crossed lovers, then you’re wrong in believing that. The story of Brittany and Alex is so much more then just a love story. It's about trust, honesty with others and yourself, it is just full of so many life lessons, and more then I could even begin to list here.

What made this book even more perfect were the alternating point of view chapters. As a reader we were able to learn more about each character and not only who they really were, but what they both really wanted out of their lives.

What more can I say but read it! I know that this is one of those books that I'll be reading and enjoying over and over again. I would recommend you grab this book and read it soon, you won't be disappointed. I know I'm looking forward to reading more from this author.

ETA: It looks like there will be a sequel! Just visited the authors website and it shows - Rules of Attraction , sequel to Perfect Chemistry, May 2010!!! I can't wait!

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic review! I loved this and can't wait for Rules of Attraction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked this one! I have it in my TBR pile... I can't wait to get to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for Rules of Attraction to!!

    Jessica and biblio, you both need to read this one soon, it's amazing. One of the best books I've read this year. Both of you enjoy it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is just pure perfection. I LOVE it. And yes! I'm super excited for the sequel as well. 2010 is going to be an amazing year for books. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the best books I've read all year.

    I have to agree with you, 2010 is going to be crazy amazing when it comes to books! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading this now and I'm really liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wait, it keeps getting better and better. I'll be reading this one over and over again.

    Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll post a review on my blog when I'm done reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alex is a character that can only wake up our girly instinct. I'll stop kidding because there're also serious plot in this book. The gang atmosphere wasn't too heavy and I found it really well describe. Once again, Simone Elkeles is a great author.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love