28 February 2012



Hello and Welcome again to our First month of Blogger Talk: Novel Exposed! Coming to you a little later in the month than we had planned... but better late than never, right? Is an interview with Brodi and some favorite quotes from the three of us - Brodi, my co-host Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic and I. Next month these posts should be a bit more spread out throughout the month. 

Title: Everneath (Everneath, #1)
Author: Brodi Ashton
Publisher: Harper Collins/Balzer + Bray, 370 Pages (January 24th, 2012)
Order here: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository

Synopsis: Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.

As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's...

Interview:

1. The cover of Everneath is beautiful! What did you think when you first saw the image?

I thought, Holy Wow! I LOVE IT!! I was also very grateful I wouldn't have to pretend to love my cover. :)

2. Can you tell us 3 words you would use to describe Nikki's personality?

Damaged, resilient, constant

3. Would you be able to share something about Nikki, Jack & Cole that we might not know?

That's a hard question! I'll give you a tidbit about Cole, since he has lived a longer life. He was born in Norway, and he used to be an apprentice.

4. If Everneath was being made into a movie and you could cast the roles for Nikki, Jack & Cole, who would you want to see play the parts?

Ack! Another hard question. I don't know, because I haven't ever researched it or anything. I'd love to hear what your readers would think and who they would cast!

5. From concept to published book, what was the easiest and hardest part of the experience for you?

Easiest part: reading every fan letter. I'll never get tired of it!

Hardest part: deadlines, deadlines, DEADLINES!!

6. Everneath is your debut novel! What has been the most surprising thing you've learned as a debut author?

The most surprising thing has been how much of it all is beyond my control. Especially watching the early buzz around EVERNEATH. I would just sit back and go, "But I'm not responsible for any of it!" The blogger community has been great.

Thanks so much for having me on the blog!

Brodi, it was really great to have you here today, on both of our blogs. And we can't say thank you enough for being part of our first month for "Blogger Talk: Novel Exposed."
Thanks for everything!


Quotes From Everneath:

A favorite quote of Brodi's -

"Heroes are made by the paths they choose, not the powers they are graced with." -Mrs. Stone (the English teacher)

A Couple of My Favorite Quotes -

" 'Strange, isn't it, Nik? The Connection between us now."
He grimaced and cocked his head to one side, as if he were waiting for me to close the distance between us. When I stayed perfectly still, he added, "You don't have to fight it." -- Cole to Nikki (Page 29)

" Jack shifted toward me. "So, Jules gets a smile, huh?"
I could feel his eyes on me, waiting for a response. He hadn't tried to talk to me since that first day, and his voice directed at me again did strange things to me. Made my stomach flutter. Of course, Jack had always had that power over me.
I kept my eyes down, but I couldn't stop my lips from turning upward.
'I see that," he said. Jack always saw everything. " -- Jack and Nikki (page 52)

" He shook his head and looked at me as if I were delusional. As if I didn't know what winning was all about. Then he put an arm around me and it was almost like he was mourning my life with me. "I don't understand the things you would give up for mortal relationships."
" You better hope you never do, Cole. " -- Nikki and Cole (page 100)

" 'What are the screens of? " I asked.
" Elvis Presley as a corpse. You wanna come look? " Cole Gave me a grin as if he'd just asked me if I wanted to see rainbows being made.
" You had me at 'corpse.'" -- Nikki and Cole (page 116)

A Couple of Jessica's Favorite Quotes -

" 'I can't carry the team to victory without you,' he said. 'You're my lucky rabbit's foot.'
I craned my neck around to look at him. 'I've always dreamed of some guy saying that to me.' " -- Jack and Nikki (page 19).

" 'Your cheeks turned red, and I was gone for you.' He shook his head, and his lip quirked up in a smile. ' I know you felt it too. The connection between us. It started even before the Feed.' " -- Cole (page 37).

" The next morning [after the dance], I found a note in my jacket pocket. I unfolded it and read two words, written in Jack's handwritting. Ever Yours " -- Nikki (page 64).

" 'Why do you care if I get hurt?' All he said was, 'I hate to see it. Whether you go with me or not, I don't like you getting hurt.' But his face seemed to say more. As if there was something he wasn't telling me. " -- Nikki and Cole (page 67).

*Note: These quotes, from Jessica and I were taken from ARC copies of Everneath.




Find Brodi Online: 

Website/Blog | Twitter | Facebook



Everneath Trailer:




Be sure to stop back by tomorrow for the discussion post with Jessica, where we'll be talking about all things Everneath and we hope you'll join in with us for the talk in the comments section. We might have some other things up our sleeves as well, so you won't want to miss dropping in.

 *I am not compensated at all for any of the links within this post.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book and I imagine Brodi being stunned after she first saw the cover.. It is absolutely amazing!! Oh and I love Cole.. I 'm really looking forward getting more from him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna read it! I wanna read it! I wanna read it!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love