29 February 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday is an event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose of this weekly event is to spotlight a soon-to-be-released book that you are very much anticipating. "Waiting On" Wednesday will also give bloggers an opportunity to share ideas for our TBR lists.



Title: Struck (Struck, #1)
Author: Jennifer Bosworth
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 373 Pages (May 8th, 2012)
Pre-order here: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository

Synopsis: Mia Price is a lightning addict. She’s survived countless strikes, but her craving to connect to the energy in storms endangers her life and the lives of those around her.

Los Angeles, where lightning rarely strikes, is one of the few places Mia feels safe from her addiction. But when an earthquake devastates the city, her haven is transformed into a minefield of chaos and danger. The beaches become massive tent cities. Downtown is a crumbling wasteland, where a traveling party moves to a different empty building each night, the revelers drawn to the destruction by a force they cannot deny. Two warring cults rise to power, and both see Mia as the key to their opposing doomsday prophecies. They believe she has a connection to the freak electrical storm that caused the quake, and to the far more devastating storm that is yet to come.

Mia wants to trust the enigmatic and alluring Jeremy when he promises to protect her, but she fears he isn’t who he claims to be. In the end, the passion and power that brought them together could be their downfall. When the final disaster strikes, Mia must risk unleashing the full horror of her strength to save the people she loves, or lose everything.

Title: The List
Author: Siobhan Vivian
Publisher: Push, 332 Pages (April 1st, 2012)
Pre-order here: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository

Synopsis: An intense look at the rules of high school attraction -- and the price that's paid for them.It happens every year. A list is posted, and one girl from each grade is chosen as the prettiest, and another is chosen as the ugliest. Nobody knows who makes the list. It almost doesn't matter. The damage is done the minute it goes up.This is the story of eight girls, freshman to senior, "pretty" and "ugly." And it's also the story of how we see ourselves, and how other people see us, and the tangled connection of the two.

Title: The Selection (The Selection, #1)
Author: Kiera Cass
Publisher: HarperTeen, 327 Pages (April 24th, 2012)
Pre-order here: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository

Synopsis: For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

Another three titles this week. Struck, The List and The Selection. I LOVE the cover for The Selection! Such an epically amazing dress. And it's really exciting news that this title is going to be made into a CW TV show with some amazing actors already attached to it. I seriously <3 the CW! Three title so different from one another, yet all are must reads. I have Struck and the Selection to read and review a bit closer to the release dates and I can't wait! I wish I had the List here, because this one sounds like a must read contemporary title and I'd like to read more contemporary titles in 2012. So, what do you guys think of these three books this week? Have you read any of them? If so, what did you think? And if you haven't, are you looking forward to them like I am?


*covers are always subject to change.
*I am not compensated at all for any of the links within this post.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

6 comments:

  1. Strcuk is a great pick! I actually got a chance to read it early and loved it! I could not wait until the release date, lol. I highly reccomend reading it and hope you love it when you do get a chance to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for your reviews on those books --I just read the List and Struck ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these look amazing, but I'm especially excited for Struck and The Selection. I want that gorgeous blue dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing these around a lot lately! They look awesome!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! im reading the selection RIGHT NOW!!! OOOOOOOOOMG!!!! its so good!!!! sooooooooooooooooooo good!!!!! and struck sounds AMAZING and the list also!!! such amazing picks!!!!


    Tara's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. The List is a new one for me. I've added it to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-12-goddess.html

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love