28 June 2013

Title: Subject to Change
Author: Alessandra Thomas
Publisher: 300 Pages (June 25th, 2013)
From: the Author
Format: eARC
Add to: Goodreads

Synopsis: Joey made her dad a deathbed promise that she would become a doctor, and dedicate herself to fighting the very cancer that took his life. There’s just one problem -three years into her pre-med classes, she's struggling to stay on top of the curve, let alone prove she's dazzling enough to earn a spot in an Ivy League medical school. In a Hail Mary move, she throws a basic Business 101 class into her semester schedule, banking on a perfect score to boost her GPA.

That is, until she’s paired for a final project with Hawk, the bartending, motorbike-riding, gorgeously bedheaded loser who falls asleep in class and communicates in one-word sentences.

Hawk does whatever he wants, whenever he wants, which sets Joey on edge – in every possible way. As they get to know each other, her urge to scream at him is curbed only by her fantasies of tearing his clothes off. Soon those fantasies become reality, and Joey realizes Hawk makes her feel more fully herself than any of the rich boys her mother and sorority sisters approve of.

But the promise to her father hangs over her head, and the harder Joey tries to succeed in her chosen career, the faster everything falls into a hopeless tailspin of bad grades, broken promises and guilt. It doesn't help to have Hawk sitting like a devil on her shoulder, insisting she should be free to live however she wants to live - like he does.

The only thing Joey knows is that her neatly organized life is crushing her - and Hawk's bad attitude might be the only thing that can save her.

Review: 4 Stars - Author Alessandra Thomas, second title in the Picture Perfect Series – Subject to Change was another wonderful story with two amazing characters.

When I find an author that I love I want to read anything and everything they write as what happened here with Thomas. Her characters are emotional and dealing with issues as they struggle to navigate their way through college. Things from their past make them question the present and in turn their future. Thomas has a good grip on collage age 20 something’s that’s for sure and she also has some swoon worthy boys in that head of hers, yum!

Joey and Hawk are as different as they are the same. They meet in class and are forced to work together for a class project. Hawk is always late or just never shows up. Joey is early and worries about her grades. Neither know at first just how much things from their past that are holding them back. It takes some lessons learned and some soul searching for both, however since this title is written from Joey’s point of view, we only see her thought process and what she goes through with promises she made to her dad before he died.

Hawk, while we don’t get to see into his head, there’s parts throughout the book that we do see the changes in him from his interactions with Joey. They make the other think, heal and question what they thought they wanted, or how they wanted to achieve it.

The two have problems and go about such different ways to work through them. Hawk has two things he’d do anything for otherwise he does what he wants and his attitude shows it. Joey has her life just about scheduled down to the minute because of her pre-med studies. For me I was looking for the two to balance each other out after sorting through their own issues.

Thomas has written another a story that flows because of her characters and how they have many realistic qualities to them. She’s mixed all the ingredients in a “New Adult” contemporary title extremely well to create another book that I love and that makes me eager to read even more from her in the future. I can’t wait to see what she writes next and I have a feeling this is another author who’s going to quickly go far with her writing. I highly recommend this wonderful story, enjoy!

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love