14 September 2013

Book Review: Elsker By: S.T. Bende

Title: Elsker (Elsker Saga, #1)
Author: S.T. Bende
Publisher: Entranced Publishing, 286 Pages (April 22nd 2013)
From: the Author and Publisher
Format: eBook
Add to: Goodreads
Order a copy online: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository, Amazon UK

NOTE: This is a "New Adult" novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 17+
Synopsis: You don’t win the heart of an immortal assassin without making a few enemies along the way.

Kristia Tostenson prefers Earl Grey to Grey Goose and book clubs to nightclubs, but when she transfers from her one-stoplight town to Cardiff University in Wales she falls in love with Ull Myhr.  Her new boyfriend isn’t exactly what she was expecting.  He’s an honest to goodness Norse God - an immortal assassin fated to die at Ragnarok, the battle destined to destroy Asgard and Earth.  Kristia’s crazy visions are the only thing that can save their realms.  Her orderly life just got very messy.

Review: 4 Stars - Elsker, the first title from the Saga with the same name by author S.T. Bende is a mythology lover’s dream book come true. With immortal assassins, God of Winter, prophecies, visions and an old fashioned romance there’s more than one thing to fall in love with in this novel.

Kristia is a normal girl living in small town USA. With dreams of wanting more she takes some time abroad to finish her studies at Cardiff University, Wales in the beautiful British Isles. What she never expected to find there, was much more than she could have dreamed possible. One thing that I loved about Kristia is that she’s just so normal. I mean things happen later on in the book that make her much more than average but even when things change she’s still your everyday girl next door. I liked that about it, it was refreshing. On a trip to London before starting school she has a brief yet memorable encounter with a man in a museum. It’s not pleasant, yet she can’t get him out of her head. Her roommates are great! They help her acclimate to the new place and people and help Kristia to get a lay of the land.

And then we have Ull who is very protective of whom he lets into his life. He’s pretty closed off except for his two friends Gunnar and Inga. This only makes him more mysterious on campus and Kristia. The two have a sweet and slow brewing relationship. There’s romance, thrilling danger and mythology and… I’m serious; this book has a bit of everything! I have no idea why it had slipped by me earlier in the year when it was first initially released but I was so thankful to have meet author S.T. online during a blogger event and in turn found this gem of a book.

The writing flows with ease, the story keeps you either swooning or on your toes and sometimes both at the same time. The characters will leave an imprint in your heart and mind for a long time to come. Trust me when I say that as soon as I finished this one I was ready for the next title “Endre” right away. Thankfully I didn’t have to wait too long which makes it prefect for a day where you can read both back to back, which I highly suggest.

All in all, Elsker is pretty fantastic. The “New Adult” category is growing more and more popular everyday and having a chance to read something other than a contemporary title in one of my favorite categories was extremely welcomed. I highly recommend this title to those who are looking for a bit more in a “New Adult” title with romance between two lovable characters and action that’ll keep you rooting for the good guys and ready to crush the bad guys. So, go grab this one today and have fun meeting Ull, Kristia, Gunnar (swoon!), Inga and all the other amazing characters. Enjoy!

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love