24 September 2013

Review: Indelible By: Bethany Lopez

Title: Indelible
Author: Bethany Lopez
Publisher: 254 Pages (July 9th, 2013)
From: the Author
Format: eBook
Add to: Goodreads
Order a copy: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository, Amazon UK

NOTE: This is a "New Adult" novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 17+
Synopsis: After a year of partying, Sam decides to buckle down and focus on college. Things are going great until a one-night stand leaves her pregnant and alone. Raising a child while going to school isn’t easy, but Sam is determined to be strong for her daughter. She doesn’t have time for guys or relationships, and takes great care to protect her child and her heart.

Judd doesn’t fit the mold of a college ballplayer. His long hair and tattoos may fit the life he’s created for himself, but baseball is the one thing he takes seriously. When he meets Sam, he’s immediately drawn to her curves and refusal to put up with his crap. When Judd learns the truth, can he handle the responsibility that comes with loving a single mother?

Sam yearns for the fire that Judd fuels in her, but her child’s needs have to come first. Can two people at different stages in their life find a way to make a life together?

Review: 3 Stars - Author Bethany Lopez’ “New Adult” contemporary title Indelible is a quick read about a girl trying to get through college and make a better life for her and her daughter. It’s about growing up before your time, choices and finding your place in the world and who you are as a person.

Sam is tough but she has to be after a one night stand leaves her pregnant. She partied a bit too much during her first year at school and finds herself facing the scariest thing she’s had to face. With the support of her family, family housing at school and some fantastic neighbors she has a great support system behind her. She keeps her nose down and has completely changed from the party girl she used to be. She doesn't date, she goes to school and takes care of her daughter and that’s enough for her. Or so she thinks.

Judd is one of those guys on campus that everyone wants to be friends with and all the girls want. He’s a baseball player has tattoos and long hair and he’s a player. He loves the ladies that’s for sure. As I read I found myself falling for his charms. He turned out to be a character I’d love to call a friend.

When a chance meeting happens for these two characters sparks fly but Sam knows she’s not the girl she used to be and has to think of her daughter.

One of the things I loved the most about this book was how mysterious she was toward Judd for quite awhile during the beginning of their friendship. He had to work to get her phone number. He had to change his usual style to get her attention, he just didn't understand why.

I had wanted to love this title and while I liked it and the characters it didn't feel polished. I felt like it needed more in some places. That the characters were only partially developed and that while some things were amazing others were a bit flat. Also, some things happened so quickly and some were drawn out, which is typical to stories, I get that however it felt somewhat off balance I guess is the word I’m looking for.

Another one of the other things that I loved with the story was every interaction between anyone and Sam’s daughter Karrie. I commend Lopez for these moments throughout the book. It made the character feel real, honest and down to earth. I also believe that this little girl changed these characters and I had a smile on my face each time Karrie was on the page.

All in all this was a sweet story with an adorable little girl who steals the show and a strong female lead who guards her heart as much as she guards her daughter and a guy who finds more than he’s bargained for in a girl, her daughter and his life. Hard choices must be made for these two and I was pulling for everyone in the story. I recommend this title for anyone who’s looking for a sweet, romantic story that’ll pull at your heart strings. Enjoy. 


Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this story and I especially liked Judd. Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love